Sunday, September 14, 2014

Single Serve Pancakes


Some people have confidence coming out of their @$$. You know the type, you see them eating alone at restaurants and not just sitting at the bar, but at a table in the middle of the dining room.

I am not one of those people.

That being said, I really wanted some pancakes this morning. Now since I'm not about to go to the pancake house down the street, I had to get creative.

Thus Whole Wheat Coconut Berry Pancakes were born. I almost never "create" an original recipe, rather I take a recipe I find online and tweak it. I always like to give credit to the original recipe but I was using my phone this morning, and now I can't find it :(

What you'll need:

  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 TBSP sugar
  • 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • berries of choice - mine were raspberries!

What you do:

  1. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
  2. Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate small bowl.
  3. Add wet ingredients into dry. Whisk well to combine. 
  4. Pour desired amount of batter into a warm skillet sprayed with non-stick spray.
  5. Cook until bubbly (see right) and then flip. 
  6. Repeat process until all pancakes are done!
I like big pancakes, so this only made two for me. Some people like smaller ones, you guys will probably get 4-5 cakes out of this recipe! Garnish as desired, I used a little bit of Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter and pure maple syrup. You don't have to be a fatty like me though!



Hope you enjoy these next time you're really craving some pancakes!


Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment