Thursday, August 8, 2013

Crockpot Peach Crisp


As fate would have it, Mike(roommate)’s girlfriend’s family owns an orchard. Which I guess means that she gets sent home with a lot of fresh produce. Naturally, this ended up in my kitchen.


Well, I can’t pass up the opportunity to cook and I hate seeing food go bad before it could be eaten. So I decided to make this Crockpot Peach Crisp! This dessert was super easy and super delicious, a win-win!


                                                                     What you need:                                                                       

4 cups sliced fresh peaches - I peeled mine
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup flour - I used whole wheat
2/3 cup oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt - I omitted the salt because my butter was salted
1/2 cup butter

What you do:

Combine the peaches with the liquids and place in a greased slow cooker.
In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except butter. 
Cut in butter until the mix resembles crumbs. 
Sprinkle over the peaches and press down slightly.
Cover the slow cooker with a paper towel and place the lid on top.
Cook on high for two hours.
Enjoy with ice cream!




This is just so tasty...I don't mind indulging my diet a little!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment